Friday, October 30, 2009

A Picture is Worth A Thousand Words

I love this old picture of my family. Our ward in Bern was asking families to donate Book of Mormons to missionary work and as part of that, we were to include a family photo and a testimony of the gospel. I remember that my mom and dad wrote a testimony to include and we all gathered for a picture in the Relief Society room of the Church for our photo. I'm not sure why I look a bit startled in the photo, but I'm sure I was very happy about having my picture taken. When I look at this picture, I feel a lot of gratitude to my parents for raising me in the gospel and for being great examples of sharing our testimonies with others.

Recently, I stumbled across the picture below and I realized something.

This picture had to have been taken on the same day as the one above as we are all wearing the same clothes. I love the expressions on every one of our faces and this picture always makes me smile every time I see it. It reminds me that we were raised to work hard, live the gospel, and to enjoy life. I'm grateful to be a part of an amazing family and for all the fun times we have together.

3 comments:

flybybry said...

looking at these photos you'd think that we were ancient!

Miri said...

Yeah, my family has the same Book of Mormon picture!!! (I wonder why???)

Kim said...

We have a picture like that too, only it was out in the sun and we are all squinting. It was fun to see your family pictures. That is how I remember all your brothers and sisters.