Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Lance Armstrong

I'm attending a conference this week for work, and tonight we were fortunate to have Lance Armstrong as our guest speaker. I was in awe as I listened to him share his story of surviving cancer and winning the Tour de France 7 times. He has dedicated his life to fighting cancer and his foundation is helping to "inspire and empower people affected by cancer". Here are some things he said tonight that stood out to me:

  • "The difference between what we know how to do and what we actually do is a moral and ethical failure in the United States."
  • "We are not living up to our potential as a society."
  • "We need to create an army that cares about important issues."
  • "Find your issue and think outside of yourself."
  • "We need your time, energy, and passion."

No comments: