Sunday, April 05, 2009

General Conference

I just finished watching the Sunday morning session of conference, and I'm feeling very blessed to be a part of this Church and to have such inspiring leaders. I always look forward to conference weekend, as it is a time to devote 2 days to hearing the messages from the Lord's servants and immerse myself in the gospel. At the conclusion of each conference I always end up re-committing myself to be better and to do better in all areas of my life.

This last session of conference was especially touching to me. Elder Holland's talk on the life and death of the Savior was so inspired. He is such a remarkable man and it is always evident that he is an apostle of the Lord. I loved his message that "Jesus has walked alone once" and his plea that "we may stand by Jesus Christ at all times, in all places, and all things, even until death".

As President Monson concluded the session and shared 3 inspiring stories, he ended with this quote, "Your future is as bright as your faith". After his talk, the choir sang "We Thank Thee O God For A Prophet" and I don't think that anyone could ever doubt that President Monson is a prophet of God. He has been called to serve at this time for a reason. I know that he represents the Lord, and is truly the Lord's servant.

Besides being a member of the Church, I have been blessed to work for the Church, and assist in bringing conference to members of the Church around the world. I am humbled as I read through many of their experiences on blogs and on twitter about the blessings of being able to watch conference live via the internet. The technology that is available to us today is not only helping the work move forward, but it is touching lives, one individual at a time. This weekend, conference sessions will be broadcast live in 90 languages on lds.org and the archives of each session will be available for watching or downloading within hours.

Technology is helping to bring the messages of the apostles and prophets to people all over the world. There are many people that make this possible, and I know that each of them are part of this great work for a particular reason. Their skills and knowledge allow these wonders of technology to bless the lives of members of the Church throughout the world. I am grateful for the opportunity I have to work with them and to do my small part in sharing the gospel.

3 comments:

Jack said...

Mindie! All of you guys working hard to bring conference to everyone rock! I'm especially grateful this time since I'm hanging in Germany and can't easily watch the sessions. Being able to immediately watch the sessions have been great.

Thanks again for the work you're doing.

Jack said...

PS, breaking the session up by talk is great, but including the choir is AWESOME. I hope the audio podcasts will have the choir as well. It's one of the best parts.

travdean said...

It is tough to make a brief comment on this post. I guess the easiest way is to say, I totally agree with all you said. My list of "areas of improvement" is very long after this Conference. I am excited about recommitting and improving.