Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter



One of my favorite talks from the most recent general conference is Elder Holland's talk on the Savior. As soon as he started speaking, I felt the spirit quite strongly and knew that this was going to be a special message. Throughout the talk, it was evident how much he loved the Savior and the spirit testified that he is indeed a special witness and apostle of Jesus Christ.

I'm thankful that this message was given so close to Easter and that the Church has produced a short video using his talk. It is a reminder that as disciples of Jesus Christ we need to stand as witnesses of Him at all times, in all places, and in all things.

On this Easter day, I'm grateful for the Savior and all that he endured alone so that we wouldn't be alone in our trials. I echo Elder Holland's plea, "May we declare ourselves to be more fully disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ, not in word only and not only in the flush of comfortable times but in deed and in courage and in faith, including when the path is lonely and when our cross is difficult to bear."

1 comment:

Valerie said...

So glad to find your blog--Rock On!