Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Cancer Sucks

Michelle was diagnosed with breast cancer in August, and had a double mastectomy in September.  On the day of her surgery (which was 14 hours!), I was in the surgery waiting room with Myrna and Mom when I got a call from LDS Hospital.  I had gone in to have a mammogram done a few days earlier and they were calling to tell me that there was an abnormality in my mammogram and that I had to go back in for further testing.  Worst possible timing to receive that phone call!

I went back in for a diagnostic mammogram and the radiologist read the results and said I needed an ultrasound done.  The ultrasound definitely showed that there was something there.  The radiologist said he didn't think it was cancer, but that I had to come back in 6 months for further testing.



No comments: