Sunday, August 05, 2012

Cedar City

I attended my first Shakespeare Festival this weekend and had so much fun that I'm already planning on going back again next year!  I saw 2 plays, Les Miserables and To Kill a Mockingbird.   I thoroughly enjoyed To Kill a Mockingbird, but barely survived through Les Miserables.  That definitely isn't my kind of play.  :)



We had lots of fun in the gift shop!








On Saturday morning we drove to the site of the Mountain Meadows Massacre.  We might have gotten a little lost and ended up 4 miles away from Nevada.  But, we finally made it and we were able to spend a little time learning more about the tragedy that occurred there.








After lunch on Saturday, we did a little shopping and then went to the Frontier Homestead State Park.  It was a museum that contained a lot of historical items from the early settlers in that area and I was fascinated by all the items on display.



 rules from one of the stagecoach companies











No comments: