Friday, December 21, 2007

Sickness and Goodness

I left work yesterday right before the big storm hit because I was feeling sick (headache, stuffy nose, tired, etc.) and I didn't want to spend all night in traffic. Luckily, I made it to about Layton before I encountered the storm, which all I have to say is thunder snow rocks. It was amazing.

Anyway, I made it home, climbed into bed, and didn't get out of bed until around 10pm. I took a quick look out my front window to see how much snow we had gotten, and I saw the most incredible thing. Someone had shoveled my driveway and entire sidewalk for me. I was blown away. That was a ton of work and I was so grateful to whoever did it because there was no way that I felt up to tackling that job last night.

I found out this morning that it was Elijah (8 years old) and Sydney (10 years old), two neighbor kids. In the past 24 hours they have shoveled 7 driveways. I asked Elijah why he had done so many and he said "because I like to shovel snow". Luckily for him, we have more snow in the forecast!

I have the greatest neighbors!

No comments: