Sunday, September 23, 2007

Out with the old, in with the new

I recently got a new camera in anticipation of my trip to Europe. As you can see, the old one has been through a lot. It was hit last year at the family reunion, at which time the screen cracked and was unusable. So, for the last year, I have been using the optical viewfinder and hoping that the pictures I was taking would turn out. I also had to endure a year of explaining to my nieces and nephews why they couldn't see their picture after I forced them to pose for shot.

The real clincher, though, was at this years family reunion, when I dropped it off of a 4-wheeler going 45 mph. After spending several minutes gathering all the pieces up, I took it back to camp and started CPR. Surprisingly, it survived and I have been able to use it for a couple of months longer. It started to make rather weird noises though, every time I turned it on, and this caused me to worry that it would stop working in Europe, which would be dreadful.

So, I invested in another camera. I bet my nieces and nephews are going to be so happy! Here's a shot of my new camera after using it to take a picture of my old camera. Most of you will also be glad to know that I also purchased a nice camera case to cushion the fall if I ever drop my camera again. :)

No comments: