I recently came across this picture of me helping my dad with some wiring. I'm confident that the project couldn't have been completed without my valuable assistance. You would think then, that because I had early exposure to tape measures, screwdrivers, hammers, etc., I would be a pro by now. Let me share something with you. Tools are not my friends. We just can't seem to get along.
Don't get me wrong. I do try to use them, but as hard as I try, I can't seem to figure them out. Take for example, a tape measure. Now how is it that I'm supposed to hold one end along the wall and then stretch my arm all the way to the other end of the wall with the tape measure to get an accurate measurement? Good grief!
And then we have the screwdriver. How am I supposed to remember which one is a standard and which is a phillips? And why do we need two types of screws? Wouldn't it be easier if all screws were of the phillips or standard variety? (And don't ask me which one is flat vs. the one with a star, because I still don't know.)
I'm not even going to get started on wrenches. The only thing I use them for is if I can't locate my hammer and need something heavy to use to pound a nail into the wall. I learned from sad experience that one shouldn't use a newly purchased pair of high heels for such a thing.
At least I have proof that I once assisted with what I'm sure was a highly successful project that required the use of many, many tools.
No comments:
Post a Comment