Most of the time, I am lucky enough to sleep so well that I don't remember my dreams or nightmares. Unfortunately, though, I had a nightmare a couple of months ago that I can still remember and which has haunted me ever since. I dreamt that I was with a couple of people and I was trying to convince them that I had a testimony of the Savior and of the gospel. No matter how many times I shared my testimony, they kept telling me that I didn't really have a testimony, and that I wasn't fooling them. When I woke up, I remember feeling angry that I was trying so hard to convince them that I had a testimony and that they wouldn't believe me.
So, I have spent the last couple of months thinking about this and wondering....Why did I feel that I had to try so hard to convince them that I had a testimony? I can't remember who the individuals were in my dream, but regardless of how well I knew them, or how long I knew them, shouldn't they have known from the way that I'm living my life that I had a testimony?
I've been trying to look at my life ever since, wondering, if I were to meet someone new today, would they be able to tell that I have a testimony of the gospel? That I have a personal relationship with the Savior? Am I living my life in such a way that I'm able to convey through my actions and daily life that I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior, that Joseph Smith restored the gospel, and that there is happiness and peace to be found through living gospel principles?
I'm hopeful that I would be able to share my testimony with others without having to try so hard to convince them. I hope that my life is a outward reflection of the testimony and love that I have for the gospel.
Sunday, February 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment