All the talks given during General Conference are remarkable and of great importance, but sometimes there are those talks that touch us somewhere deep inside. It might be different talks for each of us, but there will be those that seem to penetrate our hearts and that help us to remember that the Lord loves us.
During the last session of conference today (Sunday), as Elder Holland spoke and testified of the goodness of the leadership of the Church, and then as President Hinckley spoke, I felt a tremendous amount of love for our Heavenly Father, who has given us these remarkable men to lead and guide us. As the choir began to sing "We Thank Thee O God For a Prophet", I couldn't help the tears that started falling. Even thinking about it now, I'm starting to get a bit emotional. President Hinckley is an amazing man, and I'm grateful for his example and leadership. He truly is a prophet of God.
If you missed any of the sessions or talks, visit the General Conference archives page on lds.org.
http://www.lds.org/conference/sessions/display/0,5239,49-1-646,00.html
Sunday, October 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment